Pastor Armstrong's sermon is based on Matthew 11:2-19.
The doubts of a man of God (Matthew 11:2-19)
I. Doubt/conflict arises when there is a gap between our ___________________ and our ____________________.
A. Doubt vs. unbelief.
1. Doubt = _______________________ (v.3; James 1:8). It is both “yes/no.”
2. Unbelief = the _______________ of faith (John 20:25).
B. Jesus exposes the ____________________________ of unbelief (vv.16-19).
C. Doubt arises from a ___________________ of God, from a faith malformed or malnourished.
1. So far, Jesus had fulfilled none of John’s promises (Matthew 3:7-12).
2. God routinely acts in ways we do not expect (v.12; Matthew 5:3-12; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Isaiah 55:8-9).
II. Don’t be ashamed of your doubts.
A. Share them with someone older and wiser.
B. John took his doubts to ___________ (v.2-3).
1. Seeing what Jesus _________ and hearing what He _________ is the only way to create faith (vv.4-5; Romans 10:17).
2. Jesus does not minimize John; He exalts the disciples (v.11).
3. Jesus _____________ John in spite of his doubts (vv.7-15; Isaiah 42:3).